What is Aluminium Composite Panel, ACP? Advantages? Disadvantages?
If you look close at this ACP sheet, it has 3 layers that are sandwiched into one, with a non-combustible polyethylene core in between the two thin aluminium sheets at the top and bottom. The core material should be non-flammable that is if the core material is flammable it can’t be used as a building material. Aluminium sheets are coated with PVDF (PolyVinyliDene Fluoride) Resin.
These ACP sheets are regularly used for buildings elevation/façade, external cladding purpose, signage boards, insulation. In interiors they are used for designing false ceilings, partitions, interior decoration, furniture items and cabinets. They are produced in a wide range of colors and patterns of metallic, non-metallic, wood, marble and so on. They are also available in various finishes like Metallic, Solid, Brush, Mirror and Granite.
Advantages of using Aluminium Composite Panels:
- It is very economical and adds beauty to the structure.
- Weather resistant, unbreakable and protects the structure from UV Rays.
- Light in weight but very rigid and durable.
- Easily installed and Maintenance free.
- Stain resistant, washable and fire retardant.
- Have both concave and convex bending properties.
- Excellent insulation from thermal heat and sound.
- Cut and bent easily into any size/shape.
Disadvantages of Aluminium Composite Panels:
- Susceptible to dents
- Joints should be carefully sealed
In general, the dimensions of ACP sheets available in the market are 12ft*5ft with a thickness of 4mm – 5mm. There are nearly 25 brands in India who market these ACP sheets. Some brands manufacture/produce them here in India itself and some others import them directly. The life of these ACP sheets is more so the minimum warranty given by the manufacturers can be 10 years and above.
Almost all the commercial buildings are using this material for exterior cladding purpose. Some residential and commercial buildings use these sheets for interiors also.
We hope that you have an idea about Aluminium Composite Panel now.